Our team of marine-mammal scientists has conducted research from the Gulf of Alaska to the Chukchi Sea. Our main research has focused on impacts of oil spills, studies of threatened and endangered species, impacts and mitigation of disturbance, and baseline ecosystem-level studies in offshore areas prior to oil and gas development. Our specific areas of expertise include:
- Shipboard sampling with line-transect methodology; analysis of line-transect data
- Baseline studies for offshore oil and nearshore wave energy developments
- Baseline surveys for proposed large-scale coastal developments
- The biology of threatened/endangered marine mammals
- NEPA documentation and permitting support focusing on marine mammals and threatened/endangered marine mammals
ABR's triple bottom line: "Environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic viability"